How Smart IS She? (Let a mom brag a little....)

I sat down to start reading "What to Expect, The Toddler Years" just now and wanted to document what Piper is saying these days. She has always seemed incredibly smart to us, but I wanted to know what that looks like on paper:

Mama
Dada (her first word, of course)
Nana
Grandpa (for both grandma & grandpa)
Blake (cousin)
Ally (cousin)
Auntie
Rae Rae
Jack
Ty
Papa
Kitty
Hot
Light
Bath
More
Apple
Blue
Night Night
Hi
Bye Bye
Down
Up
Rockaby
Baby
Book
Play
Binky
Duck
No
Good Girl
Outside
Snow
Teeth
Pretty
Two
Three
Five
Eight
Nine
Here it is
Pillow
Magnet
Sticker
Take
Cup
Turtle
Elmo

My goodness!!!....I don't think I realized how much she says until I just tried to list it out! I thought that might be the case, but I AM impressed. I'm sure I've left words out (just as she leaves letters out when she speaks...haha).

She knows where her eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, teeth, ears, toes, tummy, and hair are.
She can recite sounds for all of these animals:

Dog
Cat
Cow
Horse
Duck
Sheep
Lion
Bird
Chicken
Rooster
Elephant
Snake

Last night I was thoroughly impressed when we were coloring. I took a crayon and drew a squiggly line on a piece of paper...which was promptly followed by her saying 'nake' and hissing like a snake. A....dorable!!!

And, this morning, I would swear she said "take the baby" as she was handing me one of her baby dolls.

I never spent a lot of time around kids when I was younger, so I never truly realized how much they change every, single, day. I am more and more amazed at her as the weeks pass and it is just so exciting to think about how much more she is going to change. I certainly miss the days when she was so tiny....and not such an independent thinker, but it's also fun to be able to interact with her.

Anyhow...thanks for letting a mommy brag a little about her genius daughter! hahahaha

Popular Posts