My Cup Runneth Over!

For us, life just doesn't seem to be "normal" if there isn't a lot going on all at once.

I started school on Monday and was SO nervous for my first day. But, once class started, I found myself completely fascinated by what the teacher had to say. I guess I should start off by telling you I'm taking an art class as my very first back-in-college course. It's nothing computer or graphic design-related. It's just art. And, it's going to be great! I have a little bag full of the art supplies I'll need; complete with paint, brushes, colored pencils, and a sketch pad. I even have my first assignment! I've also started two online classes - Illustrator and Photoshop. Not too much going on in those yet, but it's sure to pick up quickly since summer quarter is a short one. I'll be done by August 24th!




We also finally got bins and boxes for the big moving day. We need to start packing soon, so that's what I'll be starting this weekend. It's only a very short 8 weeks away! I feel some list-making coming on :)

Pete got the unfortunate news this week that the job he's on will be done by the end of July. It's a scary thing to happen, but it is the risk we run with him being in construction. We both do think, however, that it won't take too long for him to get back on a job. Luckily, he'll be just shy of a full scale laborer. And, as an apprentice, the waiting list for work is significantly shorter. So, all he can do is file for unemployment, go to the hall to get on the list, and make contact with people he's already worked with/for on other jobs. Pete is a terrific worker so I know his reputation will help him be successful in this field.

Piper is as busy as ever and is very good at testing my patience. Lately, she's decided that she doesn't need to nap. In the past when she hasn't napped, I've been able to just leave her in her crib and she would entertain herself for a while. Unfortunately, we've reached a phase of "diaper-curiousity" so leaving her to her own devices has not boded well for me recently. I'm hoping we haven't reached the end of napping completely....she is a little young for that. But, only time will tell. I'll continue to try and make her nap.







Piper finished up her first round of swimming lessons last week at the Issaquah Pool. She is just a little fish! She's got kicking down pat, working on the arms, and still needs to get used to being on her back. She loved the part where they got to climb the wall and then jump into the water! It was a tough two weeks with dinner time being earlier and sort of throwing off the flow of our evenings. But, we got through it. I wasn't a fan of the Issaquah Pool - they have mastered terrible chaos during the lessons. There were probably 8 lessons going on in the pool all at once so it was difficult to hear anything. And, you can't watch from the same level - I had to go to a viewing area for that. It looks like next time we'll either try the YMCA or the Si View Pool in North Bend. We'll be close to both :)





We've also semi-started the potty training process. She's used the potty a couple times, but we haven't been as diligent as we could be to speed up the process. Right now, I don't mind changing diapers, but SHE doesn't exactly love it anymore. Sometimes it's a battle. I know she understands what the potty is and where the potty is; we certainly talk it up quite a bit. But we'll give her a little bit more time before we become more aggressive with the whole process. I figure if she's potty trained (or at least in pull-ups) by age 2, we're doing pretty good.


There are two other looming changes that I feel are little bit more important than potty-training....removing the binky and the ba-ba! OY! I know that the taking away the bottle will be an easier transition than the binky so we'll start there. Just another thing we need to start and then be consistent about. A lot of changes coming for that little girl! I hope she (and, by she I mean WE) are ready for it.

This coming weekend is a very exciting weekend for me. Pete and Piper will be going to the cabin, which means I have the house all to myself for 2 glorious days. Does that sound wrong? LOL! I've got big plans too! Movies, lounging, reading for school, doing my homework assignments for the coming week, and making wedding invitations. IF I have time, I'll probably even start Piper's birthday party invitations. That's the next big thing....

Now...off to take care of some little projects around the house while the monster sleeps. This time is precious ya know!

Oy....spoke too soon. She's awake!





Popular Posts