Catching Up....

July/August has been sooooo busy this summer. I just plugged our camera memory card into the computer and realized there is quite a bit on there that I haven't blogged about, Facebooked about....nothing. So, here goes....

We went to the Museum of Flight in July...family outting day! We were going to go to the zoo, but the weather appeared to be playing a game of unpredictability, so we nixed that and headed to the museum. We quickly learned that perhaps Piper is a bit too young and/or a bit too antsy for this experience. I hadn't been there since at least high school (possibly earlier) and didn't realize how HUGE it is. That really could be an all day event! We [fairly quickly] wandered through each of the exhibits, grabbed some lunch, and headed back home. My favorite exhibit is all of the war-birds....I think Pete would probably agree. Although, going through the humble beginnings of Boeing was pretty cool too!

FLYING WITH DADDY!

FLYING WITH MOMMY!

AWE....OUR LITTLE ASTRONAUT

COULDN'T RESIST A PHOTO OF HER NAMESAKE
At the beginning of this month, I felt Piper and I really needed a mommy-daughter "date" so I took her to the Children's Museum in Factoria. Between school, and packing, and just a fast-paced life these days, I don't want her to feel like I never spend quality time with her. Being home with homework looming over my shoulder makes it hard to focus on us sometimes. So, it was a fun morning. I don't know why I never went there sooner! They have SO MUCH for kids to do.....I think we could have spent a lot more time there. So, next time when we can bring daddy along I think that will be the plan :)






We also took a trip this month out to Detroit, MI....I know, I know....WHY would you go to Detroit? Well, it wasn't really Detroit - that's just where we flew in. My birthday buddy (Mr. Rob Bast) was scheduled to marry his bestie, Mandy Seibel! They flew out for our wedding 3 years ago, so it was our turn to fly. While the trip started out a bit rocky (rude flight attendants, bad turbulence, trouble with the rental car situation, etc)....it really was a nice time once we were there. The weather was beautiful and they have great friends who we had the pleasure of meeting and spending some time with. However, I did miss my little Piper terribly while we were gone - that is the longest and furthest we've gone without her. She cried when we got to SeaTac and walked away. I cried when I saw her crying. It was dramatic. But, we all lived through it and I'm sure she forgot we were even gone within an hour - hahaha :)

ROB WAS AN USHER AT OUR WEDDING,
SO PETE WAS AN USHER AT THEIRS




Piper is growing so quickly. She has turned into our little echo (so, we really have to watch our words now). She tells us when its time to change her diaper, so I think she's ready to potty train! We just have a couple weeks left in diapers while I finish up school. Some cute Piper-isms for you:

  • For a few weeks when she would get upset about something, she would just (in a panicked voice, of course) say "oh bam." I'm not sure if she's trying to say "oh damn" (uh oh) or if that was just her own coping mechanism. Either way, I haven't heard it in a couple weeks. 
  • One of her favorite shows is  "Doc McStuffins"....but, when she says it, it comes out as "Dockin Stuckins" (LOL). It's a pretty cute show actually :)
  • She looooves to throw all of the pillows and cushions off of the couch (which she's doing as I type this)
  • I love hearing her sing the songs I sing to her at night....in the car one time she was singing "Feed the Birds" from Mary Poppins. I love that movie and that song, so that's a typical rock-a-bye song for me. She also loves to sing Baby Beluga....all day. And, when we sing Old McDonald, she always wants it to be a cow sound :)
  • She can point out an airplane by the sound - and often times before we hear it.
  • She loves the "tractors" across the street. There is a lot of construction where we're living right now, so the equipment is going all day long. Pete, of course, is teaching her what all of them are. She even knows when the garbage truck is coming around the neighborhood!
  • She's definitely a "carb-hound"....loves bread, for sure. She eats a lot of fruit too, but if she sees bread, she won't let up until she gets some.
  • We've learned that the mosquitos LOVE her - I think she has a dozen bites right now (poor thing!). And, of course, she can't leave them alone. I fear she's going to get a few scars from this summer's bites!
  • We've been limiting binky-time the last few weeks to just nap time and night-night time. To my surprise, there are times she forgets to ask about it. This may end up being easier than I thought! The bottle may be a different story...
  • She had a joint dentist appointment with me last month and did GREAT! She even let the dentist look around her mouth with a little mirror and said "AHH" when they started working on me again! LOL 
So, as you can see, she keeps us laughing and keeps us busy. She's such a special little girl :)




Popular Posts